Lyss Em Editing is hiring a freelance proofreader for work on an as-needed basis.
The proofreader will
- proofread fiction manuscripts copyedited by me, using Microsoft Word Track Changes,
- adhere to the Lyss Em Editing style guide (will be provided by me), The Chicago Manual of Style, and Merriam-Webster’s, and
- reference and adhere to style sheets (created by me) for each project.
Desired qualifications include
- experience proofreading, especially fiction,
- comfortability with erotic and queer content, and
- ability to meet deadlines (typical turnaround for a novel-length proofread is 1–2 weeks).
Duties will not include speaking to clients, as the proofreader will interface only with me and only via email.
Pay will be negotiated, and sent via PayPal. Applicants will be required to complete a proofreading sample.
To apply, email résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Proofreading Application.” In the body of your email, include a brief cover letter telling me about your experience and qualifications.